Sperrin College offers a Sixth Form provision where students are encouraged to embrace new opportunities and responsibilities. Sixth Form students are expected to work together to establish a happy working environment in which respect and consideration for others prevail.
The College offers a wide range of A level subjects, both general and applied, most are taught in the College and some are offered through Magherafelt Learning Partnership, (MLP).
- Empower our learners to achieve their potential and to make informed and responsible decisions throughout their lives.
- Recognise and develop the identity of each learner as an individual and as a member of our school learning community.
- Ensure our students experience a standard of excellence in both Learning and Teaching in our school.
- Provide a stimulating, secure learning environment in which pupils feel valued.
- Encourage and enable students to become life- long learners by teaching them how to learn.
- Recognise the individual as a learner with different learning styles and intelligences.
- Put in place and develop a curriculum that empowers our students to achieve their potential.
- Prepare students for their 18+ experience whether it be third level education or the world of work.
- Develop students who are confident, motivated and who maximise potential.
- Develop a culture of self-evaluation, reflection and target setting.
- Celebrate success.
- Encourage and involve parents in the learning process.
- Create a centre of excellence in Teaching and Learning where good practice is shared.
- Ask everyone to take pride in their appearance and maintain a positive and conscientious approach to their studies.
- Offer a range of courses appropriate to the needs of individual students.
- Foster a study ethos which is underpinned by Independent Learning.
- Ask everyone to play an active role in the life of the college that reflects our integrated ethos.